Growth Mentoring Service
The Growth Mentoring Service is a program that connects entrepreneurs with a team of skilled, experienced volunteer mentors. We use a group mentoring approach - a lead mentor coordinates a team of 3-4 mentors that meets with the entrepreneur(s) in sessions that provide practical, day-to-day professional advice and coaching. GMS mentors are selected based on their experience in areas relevant to the needs of entrepreneurs, for their enthusiasm for the program and an entrepreneur's business. Mentors are required to subscride, in writing, to a Statement of Principles that govern their behavior, outline their responsibilities, ensure confidentiality, guard against conflicts of interest, ensure a safe environment and control finacial involvement with the entrepreneurs and their business. Entrepreneurs are required to request and set an agenda for each meeting. Relationships between mentors and entrepreneurs are formed based on the needs of the entrepreneur and the interests of available mentors.
- Exclusively for entrepreneurs managing businesses with greater than $100,000 annual revenue
- Comprehensive MIT Venture Mentoring Service-certified training for mentors is provided free of charge
- Requires time commitment of the equivalent of one to two full days per month
- Mentors must work with at least one team, but may choose to work with multiple teams, and are generally expected to participate in more than one team
- Mentor pool includes experienced entrepreneurs and other executives from all walks of life, as well as industry-expert specialists
- All communications are confidential
Click to learn more about Growth Mentoring Service and apply to be a mentor.
Advisors / Mentors
For clients who do not qualify for the Growth Mentoring Service, the Women's Business Center strives to identify individual volunteers willing to support the growth of small women-owned businesses.
Willing to give an hour of your time to sit down with an entrepreneur to discuss a specific issue? Able to participate in a monthly advisory council? We have opportunities for you. Even if you are not a business owner, you may have a skill set that can help a start-up or growth business.
We are looking for experts with the following skill sets:
- Financial Plaanning
- Legal: Intellectual Property
- Legal: General Business Law
- Retail Start-up
- Restaurants/Food Service
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media
- Sales Strategy
- Product Development/Pricing
- Employee Relations